New Light Technologies (NLT) is an IT and GIS services company that helps organizations such as the World Bank and US Census Bureau modernize their infrastructure in the cloud. NLT partners with Fugue to prevent cloud misconfiguration and deliver continuous compliance for their customers’ Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure infrastructure.
- Assess customers’ AWS and Azure cloud environments for security misconfiguration and CIS AWS/Azure Foundations Benchmarks and NIST 800-53 compliance violations
- Detect configuration drift and fully automate enforcement of baseline cloud resource configurations
- Evaluate cloud resources for CIS and NIST 800-53 compliance violations against hundreds of predefined controls
- Protect critical resources by notifying users of any configuration drift from a previously established configuration state
- Visualize cloud environment in dynamic diagrams and zoom into details on configurations and resource relationships
NLT cloud architect, Dave Williams, was looking for a solution that would enable him to quickly understand what is in a customer’s cloud environment and identify CIS and NIST 800-53 compliance violations and configuration drift.
With Fugue, NLT is able to easily scan a customer’s cloud environment and within five minutes they can see what is not in compliance, why is it not in compliance, and generate a detailed visual representation of their cloud infrastructure. For configurations that have drifted, Fugue’s automated remediation corrects the drift back to an established baseline without the need for interaction with IT staff to prioritize drift for correction. This reduces delays and minimizes risks for the client. Fugue delivers self-healing infrastructure, without the need for engineers to write custom scripts, alarms, or notifications when there is configuration drift.
Visualize Your Cloud Environment
NLT at any one time is providing consulting services to a number of clients using Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure. With Fugue’s visualizer feature, NLT can generate diagrams of their customers’ cloud resources, zoom in on details on configurations, and quickly locate misconfigurations and compliance violations.