Emsi is an economic modeling firm that specializes in labor market data for higher education, economic development organizations, employers, and employees. Emsi serves clients across the US, the UK, Canada, and Australia, and their data covers more than 99% of the workforce.
- Verify that EMSI's AWS cloud systems were compliant against compliance standards including NIS 800-53, SOC 2, GDPR, and ISO 27001.
- Demonstrate proof of compliance to their customers, auditors and internal stakeholders.
- Utilized Fugue's SaaS application to verify that Emsi's services on AWSwere compliant with the NIST 800-53, SOC 2, GDPR, and ISO 27001standards.
- Demonstrated proof of compliance to customers and auditors with up-to-date network diagrams and reports.
- Protected critical resources by notifying users of any compliance violations with detailed instructions on how to remediate them.
- Verify that their AWS cloud systems are secure and meeting various compliance standards including NIST800-53, SOC 2, GDPR, and ISO 27001.
- Continuous compliance against SOC 2, NIST 800-53, and other compliance standards
- Demonstrated to customers and auditors that data is safe and secure on AWS
- Reduced time to close new contracts
- No longer had to hire additional cloud security engineers to track compliance manually
Because of the large number of recent, high-profile data breaches in the cloud, Emsi wanted a third-party vendor to verify that their AWS cloud systems were secure and meeting various compliance standards including NIST 800-53, SOC 2, GDPR, and ISO 27001. They wanted to demonstrate compliance to their customers, their auditors, and to themselves. Without this confidence, there was potential risk that customers would take longer in closing contracts with Emsi.
Emsi chose the Fugue SaaS solution as their compliance tool. Fugue's SaaS ishosted on AWS and utilizes services such as Fargate, RDS, Redshift and S3. Emsi's managers and engineers were able to on-board Fugue in a matter of days without any formal training, due to the product's ease of use and streamlined workflows. They used Fugue to scan Emsi's dozens of accounts and tens of thousands of resources then relied on its "Compliance by Control" live reports and built-in compliance libraries to determine if Emsi's AWS resources were compliant with the NIST 800-53, SOC 2, GDPR, and ISO 27001 standards. Emsi could demonstrate to their own customers almost immediately whether they were compliant.
Results and Benefits
Fugue has helped Emsi demonstrate to its customers, auditors, and themselves that their data is safe and secure on AWS. This assurance has reduced Emsi's time in closing new contracts. By using Fugue to audit their accounts for compliance with NIST 800-53, SOC 2, GDPR, and ISO 27001, Emsi no longer has a need to hire a new team of cloud security engineers to track and remediate compliance manually.