New Light Technologies (NLT) is an IT and GIS services company that helps organizations such as the World Bank and US Census Bureau modernize their infrastructure on the cloud.
As a growing consulting services company, NLT needed a scalable means to prevent cloud misconfiguration and ensure continuous compliance for customer Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure infrastructure. NLT customer cloud environments range from a few hundred cloud resources to thousands of cloud resources. Fugue partners with NLT to deliver its security and compliance solution, including Fugue’s SaaS product and open source tools.
- Assess customers’ AWS and Azure cloud environments for security misconfiguration and CIS AWS/Azure Foundations Benchmarks and NIST 800-53 compliance violations
- Detect configuration drift and fully automate enforcement of baseline cloud resource configurations
- Enable pre-deployment security and compliance checks on infrastructure as code
- Evaluate cloud resources for CIS and NIST 800-53 compliance violations against hundreds of predefined controls
- Protect critical resources by notifying users of any configuration drift from a previously established configuration state§Visualize cloud environments in dynamic diagrams and zoom into details on configurations and resource relationships
- How do you scale your growing cloud consulting services business while preventing misconfiguration and ensure compliance?
- Rapid migration to cloud environments
- Demonstrated PCI compliance leading to greater partner trust
- Higher IT productivity
FROM THE CLIENT:
"Fugue acts as a massive safety net since I can immediately know if something changes, and it can self enforce the configuration. With Fugue, NLT can keep customer data and applications secure in a highly efficient and scalable manner."
New Light Technologies
NLT was able to seamlessly add customer AWS and Azure accounts to Fugue’s SaaS product in a matter of days. Fugue’s customer success team continues to work with NLT on custom rules for specific enterprise policies, and on integrating Fugue’s open-source Regula tool for checking Terraform infrastructure-as-code for AWS resources with NLT’s Automated Infrastructure Compliance Framework
With Fugue, NLT cloud architect Dave Williams is able to quickly understand what is in a customer’s cloud environment, identify CIS and NIST 800-53 compliance violations, and evaluate configuration drift. NLT can easily scan a customer’s cloud environment and within five minutes they can see what is not in compliance and why it is not in compliance, and generate a detailed visual representation of their cloud infrastructure.
For environments that have drifted from known-good configurations, Fugue’s automated remediation corrects the drift back to an established baseline without the need for interaction with IT staff to prioritize drift for correction. This reduces delays and minimizes risks for the client. Fugue delivers self-healing infrastructure, without the need for engineers to write custom scripts, alarms, or notifications when there is configuration drift.
Visualize Your Cloud Environment
NLT at any one time is providing consulting services to a number of clients using Amazon Web Services and Microsoft Azure. With Fugue’s visualizer feature, NLT can automatically generate diagrams of their customers’ cloud resources, zoom in on details on configurations, and quickly locate misconfigurations and compliance violations.