“It worked on my laptop!”
Seven weeks into your latest project, you’ve gotten to the point where management wants a demo. Your first spike was run from a node server that you ran on your laptop. When another developer joined, you moved the environment to Vagrant so you could share an image. When the third and fourth bodies were assigned,.
J. R. R. Tolkien, one of Harry’s favorites, said, “A safe fairyland is untrue to all worlds.” Harry never counted on life or decisions or business being safe. He looked into this world and.
The approach taken by Fugue is to allow cloud infrastructure to be treated as code. This concept is required if developers are to generate applications that can exploit the cloud's capabilities and deliver on the promise of immutable infrastructure.
Fugue provides simplification of your life on the cloud.
- Automating the creation and operations of cloud infrastructure through a no-touch runtime environment. This uses an active infrastructure OS under users’ control and within their environment.
- Short-lived compute.
To recap, a Minimum Viable Cloud must:
- be an SOA
- hide implementation
- be fully automated
- be a utility
- have global fault tolerance
- be Opex
A cloud that is More than the Minimum must:
- promote stateless, distributed compute
- Clouds are APIs
- Clouds are SOAs
- Clouds Hide Implementation
- Clouds are Fully Automated
- Clouds are Utilities