PLEASE NOTE: As of February 2018, Emulambda is not actively maintained by Fugue.
When Python support was announced for AWS Lambda at re:Invent, we were excited to start using it. As you could see with our emoji-powered Votebot for Slack, we put it to quick use, converting our skirmishes about lunch orders into a peaceful, democratic process.
Immutable infrastructure brings a variety of benefits, including:
- simplifying operations,
- increasing system reliability, and
- continuous deployment with fewer failures.
To that end, we're excited to collaborate with O'Reilly.
- Automating the creation and operations of cloud infrastructure through a no-touch runtime environment. This uses an active infrastructure OS under users’ control and within their environment.
- Short-lived compute.
To recap, a Minimum Viable Cloud must:
- be an SOA
- hide implementation
- be fully automated
- be a utility
- have global fault tolerance
- be Opex
A cloud that is More than the Minimum must:
- promote stateless, distributed compute
- Clouds are APIs
- Clouds are SOAs
- Clouds Hide Implementation
- Clouds are Fully Automated
- Clouds are Utilities